As your favourite pet and full-fledged member of the family, I fully intend to take part in the festivities!
But it might be a good idea to keep in mind the following:
• Keep me away from Holidays plants such as holly, mistletoe and poinsettia which will make me ill.
• Quickly discard ribbons; I particularly love playing with them, but they can also cause intestinal obstructions.
• I adore my kitty treats but festive foods that are not part of my usual diet might make me sick. Remember that chocolate is toxic to me.
• I particularly like the Christmas tree with all its shiny decorations and lights. Please do NOT use tinsels (the metallic ribbons) or "angel hair" because I could eat those and have subsequent gastro-intestinal problems such as vomiting, diarrhea, and possibly an intestinal obstruction which would most likely have to be treated surgically
• Keep out of my reach any small or glass ornaments (which I might break and then cut myself with).
• Keep me away from the front door (or the other entrances to the home) when you have guests. I could very well take off while the door is opened. Instead, put me in a quiet and familiar room with my food and water bowls, my litter box and all my toys.
• If you plan to offer a kitten as a gift, please bear in mind that my average lifespan is about fifteen years and that I would like to spend my whole life with the same owner. I will return his or her love a hundredfold!
• Last but not least, please do not forget my gift on your Holiday list!!!